Origins Auction 2002: The Post-Game Report
News Release, Los Angeles, California, July 15, 2002:
The 2002 Origins Game Auction was another huge success!
After organizing the last six Origins Game Auctions (1997 to 2002), The Weekend Warrior Game Company and the Auction Staff, thank all the many buyers and sellers who continue to make the Origins Game Auction one of the featured events at the entire convention.
After placing the Origins National Gaming Convention at the wonderful Columbus, Ohio Convention Facilities in 1996, GAMA and the host operations groups have continued to grow the convention into one of the premier events in the Adventure Gaming Hobby.
This year, GAMA selected to organize and administer the convention directly without subcontracting the tough job to another company. Luckily GAMA had "Super" Dave Radzik, a well-known name in the industry and experienced convention organizer at the operational helm. Dave did his usual "super" job!
As for the auction...
- 422 total registered participants (buyers and sellers)
- 2612 items consigned to the auction
- 2583 items sold at the auction
- $36,325.00 gross sales amount
- $14.08 average selling price per item
The top valued items sold:
- $725.00 "Meteorite Dice" Set of 5 (virtually unique) by Crystal Caste
- $470.00 "Command Magazine" Issues #1-#44 complete, unpunched
- $360.00 "Talisman" 3rd edition set with expansions
- $350.00 "Origins Special Package- Warhamster Wiz Kids Style"
- $270.00 "Innocence Abroad" Parker Brothers
- $220.00 "Campaign for North Africa" SPI unpunched
- $220.00 "War Between the States" SPI unpunched
- $200.00 "Flying Fortress" Poultron Press
- $170.00 "War in Europe" SPI
- $155.00 "Korsun Pocket" People's War Games